flowers by night ii



Shooting this orchid didn't have quite the same romance as the roses from last week. They felt still and neat. Two things I'm not.
Orchids remind of hotel lobbies from when I was young...the weariness of travel would always dissolve as we got out of a taxi late at night and stepped into a grand lobby where the air wrapped around you so deliciously heavy and warm. New scents and accents, shining marble floors and piano music playing in the background, flowers always. 
Those were the days.

Photo: orchid number two by Rachel Kara 

3 comments:

  1. Um, wow. It looks like a drawing! I love this series - keep it up! E x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've only just started reading your blog and I'm already so in love! :)

    www.faithfullymarissa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

bites and kisses for you. meow. x